Monday, November 3, 2008

Blog 3 Databases and Spreadsheets



I think that students should use Databases and Spreadsheets in the classroom because it gives them another chance to use technology. I also feel that it will give them a chance to see data and information in many different ways instead of just the one that the teacher tends to print out. I feel that they will have the chance to learn a lot more when it can be presented in more than one way. When you are working with Kindergartener's like I am planning on doing they have not been tested to see the best way for each of them to learn. You have to figure out what will help them learn the best. It will be easier for them to learn and to show you as their teacher how they best learn. If you notice that they are doing the majority of their work with the graphs and charts instead of the written out directions it shows you they are a visual learner. Then you know that for that student it will help them if you have visual sections with their homework instead of wording. I also like this because it is an easy way to have multiple different views of something but yet it is the same information and a good way for all of the types of learners to learn instead of printing off 20 worksheets. When they are getting to do something like working with technology instead of just sitting at their desks working on worksheets that end up making the students dread going to class.

1 comment:

Chris Blakely said...

Jenn,

Yes, viewing information and/or data in a variety of different ways and formats is critically important when we think that different students learn in different ways. - CB