Wednesday, November 12, 2008

blog 4



I think that it would be easy to work with kidspiration and the smartboard while working with kindergarten. You can do all kinds of letter concept maps, color, or numbers and then put them up to show the class and have them come up and do different concepts. This would also give students a chance to use technology. You are also able to link websites to Kidspiration which would let kids do things such as puzzels on the smartboard to go with the lesson that is being presented in class. You could also make learning concept maps that include games with them that the students could do on days that there are indoor recess to continue the learning process in a fun and interesting way that doesn't include sitting in a seat doing a work sheet. I think the more kids can get involved in their learning the more they are going to actually learn and comprehend and then remember. If they are made to stay in a seat and do worksheets all day long it is a montinous task that children are going to get tired of and not want to do or even get burnt out on school at a very early age. I hate seeing students who don't want to be at school because I love learning and want it to be fun and something everyone will always love to do. I also think that it helps keep you young.

1 comment:

Chris Blakely said...

Jen,

You offer many practical, effective applications for both technologies. - CB